KITCHEN

 

The building was constructed in place of the old Aksakovs' kitchen in 1870. Primarily it served as a living house for the new owners until the manor house was renovated.

Then it was used according to its purpose and had two rooms heated by a stove in the middle: a kitchen and a servants' room. In the early 1880s this cottage was connected with the Manor House by a breezeway that was demolished only in 1930s. Today there is a collection of Russian folk art, gathered by the participants of Abramtsevo Colony and supplemented in the 20th century: articles of peasant everyday life, furniture and the like. .