Dear Visitors of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”, We would like to inform that from January 2, 2018 exposition “Kitchen” is open.

You are welcome!


Dear guests! The Museum works according to the winter shedule: expositions are open from 10.00 till 18.00, on Mondays and Tuesdays the park is only open.


Dear guests! Note, that there are no banks, ATM or exchange offices on the territory of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. Please, take care of your cash money in advance.


Information about current exhibitions is in the section "Exhibitions".




Announcement of the Concert “Music of Russian Estate”



February 25, 2018 the concert of students of the State Musical Pedagogical Institute named after Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov will be held in Arts and Crafts Department of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. Young performers will present their virtuosity on national musical instruments of the class of the Honored Worker of the Russian Federation, laureate of All-Russian and International contests Irina Diakonova. Concertmaster and laureate of International contest Irina Glazunova will accompany the students. Works of Russian and foreign composers of the past and the modern time will be performed during the concert.



Pancake Days at Abramtsevo!



February 18, 2018 the program “A Big Maslenitsa” was held in the Museum-Reserve "Abramtsevo". During this day from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo” offered a full and varied program, which included the vernissage of the artists, sightseeing of Polenov’s Dacha, Studio, Bathhouse, Church of the Savior and Kitchen, author’s excursion along the Museum Park, the oldest games, songs and dances, the Pancake post, ice slide, captures of the snow fortress, fair of souvenirs, festive food. In the end of the event a burning of a straw puppet that embodies Winter and its end was held.





Maslenitsa Is in Full Swing


February 16, 2018 as a part of Pancake holidays a lot of plays, master-classes, and exciting tours continued in the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. Young guests of the Museum competed with hoop-la, running with pancakes, finger-pointing and other Pancake plays. Also they painted wooden Matryoshka and learnt a lot about the history of Abramtsevo and Russian fairy-tales.

In the coming days there will be more entertainments of a Big Maslenitsa!

You are welcome!





Pancake Programs Started in the Museum


From February 14, 2018 the Pancake programs started in Abramtsevo Museum. Young guests learnt a lot about Russian traditions, history of folk fairy tales from the real magic heroes, painted wooden Matryoshka . Traditionally, as well as Maslenitsa holidays, it ended with tea party with pancakes.





A Photo Exhibition “S. A. V. V. A” Opened in Cultural and Educational Centre “Dubrava”



Exhibition period:February 11 - April 1, 2018

Location: The cultural and educational centre “Dubrava” named after archipriest Alexander Men


February 11, 2018 an exhibition “S. A. V. V. A” opened in cultural and educational centre “Dubrava” named after archipriest Alexander Men. The display presents photo materials from the funds of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo and is coincided with the anniversary of 100 years from the death of Savva Ivanovuch Mamontov (1841-1918). An exposition shows the least known pages of his biography and tells about the children of this famous industrialist and patron of arts.

Savva and Elizaveta the Mamontovs had five children – Sergey, Andrey, Vsevolod, Vera and Alexandra. The first letters of their names compose “Savva” and this is not accidental, but a symbol of a particular family integrity, reflection of absolute authority of Savva Mamontov. The exhibition represents photos of members of the Mamontovs' family, which life was very rich and interesting. The children of this family received good education: boys were studying at the gymnasium, then Sergey was studying at the Nikolayev Military School, Andrey – at the School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, and Vsevolod – at the Moscow University. The most important is that they received excellent home education: every one knew several languages (during foreign trips parents employed teachers and also the children communicated with local children), they did gymnastics, fencing, read a lot, trained music, painted and wrote poems.

The main objective of the exhibition is to display unique life atmosphere of the big and friendly family of the Mamontovs and the way of life of Russian Estate of the 20th century.

The exhibition runs till April 1, 2018.






Music and Poetic Performance in the Museum


February 3, 2018 a musical and poetic performance “This is the world of charm, this is silver world!” was held in Manor House of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. Pupils and teachers of Chernogolovka Children's Art School named after Elena Makurenkova had performed before the hearers. The organizer of the event is Director of school Olga Agroskina. Various musical and poetic works associated with the Silver Age of Russian poetry were interpreted during the event.






Winter Snowfall in Abramtsevo


In early February heavy snowfalls came to Abramtsevo and all vicinities of Moscow. These weather conditions have forced road services to work a lot, but also created amazing pictures of winter fairy tale. Inspired by snow magic, one of the visitors of the Museum, to the surprise and admiration of other guests, made an angel from snow.






Announcement of Musical Evening at Abramtsevo





February 24, 2018 at 5.00 pm the musical evening “The Obsession. Ivan Turgenev and Pauline Viardot. Vocal and epistolary mix” will be held in Manor House of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. As is widely known, Abramtsevo is one of the main sites of memory of Ivan Turgenev near Moscow. Ivan Turgenev visited Abramtsevo and stayed here at the owner of the Estate, writer Sergey Aksakov (in the 1854-1855s), then at the entrepreneur and patron of arts Savva Mamontov (in 1878). So the guests will have the unique opportunity to watch a performance on the theme about Ivan Turgenev.

Olga Nevskaya (vocal), Marina Lisovets (actress), Dmitriy Maltsev (piano, arrangement). The author of the idea is Elena Ronina.

An event will be held with the support of the Turgenev Society in Moscow.


Ticket price is 700 rubles.

Phones: +7 (496) 543-24-70; +7 (916) 278-45-42.


You are welcome!



Exhibition “The Good Night Stories”



Exhibition period: February 4 — March 17, 2018

Location: Polenov's Dacha


Exhibition “The Good Night Stories” presents works of graphics, painting, decorative and applied art from the collection of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”.

Russian folk tales reveal fabulous world that became a source of inspiration for the artists of the Mamontovs' (or Abramtsevo) Circle. The revived elements of nature, prophetic birds, spells and rites, the deepest mysteries, dreams and signs, all these things encouraged such artists as Elena Polenova, Valentin Serov, Mikhail Vrubel, Viktor Vasnetsov and the others famous painters of Abramtsevo union. Their works in genres of painting, graphics, decorative and applied arts will be shown in two exhibition halls of Polenov's Dacha.

Visitors can dive into a fairy-tale and fascinating atmosphere of Abramtsevo, will be able to take part in master-classes, to cradle a baby bassinet, to try his hand at the role of storyteller, and to listen fairy-tales. The fairy-tale is only as a fable and fantastic story on the outside, but it gives a meaning to the emotional world of a man from his childhood. Our exhibition will be interesting for children and adults, who will be able to plot their own good night story in future.









Exhibition “The Banks” by Ludmila Ermilova



Exhibition period: January 17, 2018 — February 18, 2018

Location: Arts and Crafts Department (23, Kooperativnaya str., Khotkovo)


January 17, 2018 an exhibition of graphic art “The Banks” by Ludmila Ermilova was opened in Arts and Crafts Department of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. This exhibition combines works created by the artist in various graphic techniques during the last three years. The careful spectator will notice the change of creative style of master.

Perhaps, the main themes of art of Ludmila Ermilova – her banks - remain unchanged.

Graphic artist Ludmila Ermilova was born January 15, 1948 in family of sailor-navigator in Murmansk. The artist shows all her love to the Russian North, its culture and traditions of the Pomors through her creativity.

Ludmila Ermilova graduated from the department of decorative ceramics of  the Abramtsevo Artistic and Industrial School (today College) named after Viktor Vasnetsov in 1968, then the department of weaving and cloth painting of the Moscow Institute of Technology with a specialty “Artistic decoration of cloth and fabrics” (1974).

Ludmila Ermilova is a constant participant of art exhibitions. She is a famous graphic artist, working at the style of contemporary Russian folk graphics (woodcut and lino-cut), talented teacher, the Merited Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation (1995), member of the Union of Artists of Russia (since 1993), active member of Russian Academy of Folk Arts.

Her works are in State Historical, Artistic and Literary Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”, Moscow State Museum of Russian Lubok and Naive Art, the Gallery of Arts “F. I. Chaliapin Museum” in Moscow, the Artistic and Pedagogical Museum of Toys in Sergiev Posad, in private collections and abroad.

As an artist, Ludmila Ermilova works in different graphic techniques: pencil drawing, watercolors, gouache, ink drawing and pen drawing. She is doing outstanding works in the technique of book graphics. Moreover, she is an athour of illustrations to the series of books of researcher and expert in Russian toys Galina Dain.

However, the talent of Ludmila Ermilova is most clearly seen in works, which are made in the style of folk graphics, in teqniques of linocut and woodcut, painted by watercolors.

Our exhibition includes more than 100 works from the author's collection and the collection of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”.






Exhibition “Viktor Vasnetsov at Abramtsevo”



Exhibition period: since January 2, 2018

Location: The Art Museum named after V.M. and A.M. Vasnetsov (Kirov, Vyatka)


Since January 2, 2018 the Art Museum named after V.M. and A.M. Vasnetsov (Kirov, Vyatka) opened a new exhibition “Viktor Vasnetsov at Abramtsevo”. This exhibition project was implemented in close collaboration between the Museum-Reeserve “Abramtsevo” and the Vyatka Art Museum. It is dedicated to the 170th anniversary from the birth of Viktor Vasnetseov.

This exhibition presents around 40 works by Viktor Vasnetsov from the collection of the Museum-Reserve “Abramtsevo”. They cover more that 50 years of creativity the artist from the beginning – the middle of the 1870s to the last years of his life, and the artist's latest series of paintings from 1923. These works are mainly the sketches, they reflect the process of work under large projects and pictorial canvases, including the Church of the Savior in Abramtsevo, the design of the performance “The Snow-Maiden”.

Viktor Vasnetseov met the Mamontovs in 1878. Abramtsevo became the unique in his art, practically key projects of Viktor Vasnetsov were connected to artistic interests of the Mamontov's Circle. In the 1880s at Abramtsevo and its vicinities the artist has worked under 3 projects at the same time, such as “Three Princesses of Underworld”, “Alyonushka”, “The Bogatyrs”, series of panels for the Historical Museum “The Stone Age”, sketches of decorations and costumes to “The Snow-Maiden”, projects of the Church of the Savior” and the Hut on the Chicken Legs, and many others.







Last Updated on Friday, 23 February 2018 15:09